First-Aid, Illness & Medication

First-aid is administered to any child experiencing an injury at school. If the injury is a minor scratch or bump, first aid is administered and no school contact is made with the home.

Students must report all illnesses and injuries to their classroom teacher or supervising staff member, or to the office in the event that there are no teachers in the immediate vicinity. If the injury or illness is such that the parents should be advised, the student’s parent/guardian will be notified by phone. If the parent/guardian cannot be contacted, the school will contact the person listed as an emergency contact. It is, therefore, extremely important that you provide the school office with current home and emergency telephone numbers and any necessary medical information. If the parent, guardian, or emergency contact cannot be reached, the student will remain in the sickroom or office. In severe cases the school will contact emergency services for assistance and the student may be transported by ambulance to a medical service. An Alberta Health Care number for each child in attendance at school may facilitate this procedure. In the event that an ambulance is required, parents or guardians should forward their invoice for the trip to the Sturgeon Public Schools office in Morinville. They will authorize repayment from the School Boards’ Student Accident policy insurers.

Medication, including over the counter and prescription drugs, can be administered only when the family doctor and the parents/guardians provide instructions. Standard Sturgeon Public Schools forms can be obtained from the office for this purpose.

Help & Support

 If help is required outside of school hours, please use the most appropriate number below. 

Division Notice

Register for Transportation

Have you registered for transportation for the upcoming 2024/25 school year?