Grade 5 - Grade 9
“We’re All About Kids!” is a motto that resonates throughout Gibbons School on a daily basis. It is the keystone to every student-centred activity that goes on here. Welcoming students from Grades 5 to 9, we are a busy school serving the Town of Gibbons and surrounding rural area.
Gibbons School has a strong academic program in addition to an award-winning music program and a range of dynamic options for complementary courses. The school is inclusive, where student programming is based on a student’s strengths and abilities. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of all students. In all programs and extracurricular activities, we imbed values of service learning, character education, showing respect and responsibility and making someone else’s day better.
We have a long legacy of supporting the community through various volunteer and fundraising activities. In particular, students have a special connection to supporting the Stollery Children’s Hospital and Make a Wish Foundation.
Our successful sports teams promote participation and skill development, while daily intramural programs encourage students to explore new activities and use their personal strengths to help others.
Vice Principal: Jeff Aarts
We’re All About Kids!
It is the mission of Gibbons School to work cooperatively with parents, students and staff to provide a safe and caring learning environment. Our belief is that through the creation of a positive learning environment students will gain self-esteem and be provided the opportunity to:
- Realize their full potential (intellectually, socially, physically, artistically & emotionally).
- Become productive life-long learners and citizens.
- Develop their unique strengths and celebrate individual differences.
- Foster respect for self and others.
Our values reflect those of Sturgeon Public Schools. We value…
- Excellence in teaching: We want students to feel engaged, excited, and connected to their learning.
- Shared Responsibility: We expect both students and staff to abide by a code of conduct and to work toward the same educational goals.
- Mutual respect: We operate in an environment based on reciprocal respect.
- Belonging: We want families and the community to feel welcome at Gibbons School because we are an extension of them.
- Learning Choices: We strive to meet the learning needs of all students by offering a full complement of academic courses and a wide, vibrant range of optional and extra-curricular choices focused on athletics, fine arts, and technology.
- Communication: We value open, honest, and timely communication between home, school, and community